I made a crustless apple pie for Thanksgiving for my sister-in-law who does not eat wheat or anything gluten.
- Thinly sliced organic green apples
- shredded organic coconut
- juice of orange and its zest
- juice of 1/2 a meyer lemon and its zest
- vanilla extract
- a sprinkle of stevia extract to sweeten it, and not raise the glycemic index (because my sis-in-law also does not eat anything sugar. Over 5 yrs ago, she decided to take control over her life and lost over 50 lbs and NEVER put it back on. She looks absolutely magnificent!)
- raw organic gluten-free oats and crushed walnuts on the bottom of the pyrex dish, that was lightly oiled with coconut oil
Put apple mixture on raw oats and nuts, and bake on 350 for about 45 mins and voila! All in the name of health and important deliciousness!
Then, this morning I wanted a nice breakfast so I quickly soaked some almonds, then chopped them up and put them in the bottom of my bowl, heated the slice of my crustless apple pie, and topped it with fresh ground flax seed, topped with chia seeds, and finally drizzled with Liquid Coconut Premium Oil.
Now, if that’s not high in protein, easy to digest, and love my body all over, I don’t know what is!!!
Oh, such happiness!!!
What did you make today?